Sunday, February 12, 2012

Still Here

I'm still here. Don't worry. I haven't completely lost it and killed myself. I just kind of panicked when my neighbor went crazy.

And then the girl, their "daughter," well, she showed up. At my doorstep.

I just sort of opened the door and she walked in. She just walked into my house, not saying a word.

I've spent the last few weeks...I don't know, caring for her? How did I do that? I can barely care for myself. But I did. I fed her. I think. At least, I remember making breakfast and setting the plate down in front of her, but I don't remember seeing her eat.

And then, today I woke up. I woke up and looked at her.

And I saw her. I truly saw her.

Her face was...not right. The proportions were all off. Her eyes were too big for her face. And she didn't seem to have any pupils. Her teeth were...too white. And I could see the tips of some of them, sharp like razors.

She wanted me to care for her. But now I can see her for what she really is. How can I continue...feeding her?

She's waiting in the dining room now. I told her I'd be right back. I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment